NAV Bar

Monday, February 13, 2012

Rescue Me



It was a time I was the most blessed I had ever been. My finances stabilized. My goals were realized.


Loved ones and family-
and I still capsized.


I talked every minute to my heavenly Father.
I didn't know I was headed for slaughter...


When I flew out of my nest for a brief visit West
didn't know I would never see home-
at least not that one...
again.


My fall was in Fall
and the pill that I swallowed
was pride I had learned


Pride that let me wallow in


Flattery that fit like a perfect storm
of immunity, entitlement and grief
and I wore it


It never looked good to anyone who saw it
but I thought that it should so I wrapped it when I bought it


held it close to my vest for the best of the next years
While it burned and it smoked but I couldn't see there


But a man on the street could, who asked on the steady
"You're driving this 'Benz to work for Labor Ready??!"


Denial is a devilish thing.

"Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter.
If you say "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it?
Does not he who guards your life know it?
Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?"

Proverbs 24:11-12

It could be any of us, but for the grace of God- and even then....




Photo by: bizior

 Click HERE to hear "Rescue" by Acapella







No comments:

Post a Comment