NAV Bar

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Soldier



Someones gonna care for me
Every thing about this place, this base
says it

I've survived my tour
Desert Shield, Storm, Afghanistan
I'm back for more
At Hood, like I planned

The fear's defrayed. What's to evade here?
No strong distractions
No midnight ops actions

I'm home today, like I prayed
after all

I'm blown away in the land of he free and the home of the brave.

But it's fine, I fell in the line of duty,
regardless, and where I was supposed to be,
and on time

I'm employed,
whether here or there
have my orders,
predeployed

and I will be taken care of

I don't concern myself with where I fall
I have heard a greater call
To Serve, Protect, Defend
I have resolved, in the end
Everything else is just the view.


Plane graphic: Silverfish1992

No comments:

Post a Comment