NAV Bar

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Laid Down and Muse


I lie on the bed and muse
my thoughts and plans and dreams
are writing checks
my schedule will have to cash
even if I multitask and
touch one book
and read in the moment my computer boots up

And I muse and have a plan
because surfing the net has an undertow
I grasp productivity
it's riptide gulps time and I'm cornered
and my head is floating hot
in front of the screen
It's time to dress my loved one
I feel guilt, having washed
this far down the shore
Tomorrow I'm up at four fifteen

so I lie on the bed and muse
and realize time is on my site
and months and years and days don't erase
the knowledge and links
The page grows, not shrinks
I ride the changes,
not fight to stay in them
I've suddenly lived life
I have something to say
discretion rejoices and curls toward the shore
with defered gratification
a wave of satisfaction

And I lie on the bed and muse
and remember the brown slacks, acknowleging
that wash can wait until tomorrow

When I lie down
the cupboard key's still in my hand
always a sign
I need to lay on the bed
and rest

No comments:

Post a Comment