NAV Bar

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Other Side of the wall


Now is the time to face the other side of the wall
of the prison meant for me
To turn From the one that said
I will be on the street.
There is a plan for me
with a serial number and a bar code
if I don't fight
the anger at the offense that disturbs my denial
Anger
about my life if I don't touch that dial
so I face the fear I had when on the phone
asking for help with my rent
The nagging that even when I stabilize
I'll face the biggest foe:
put on a moving walkway
not walking my own way.
Shelved , stored
yet cheered and applauded
for who I'm not really
the backslaps that seal me
My internal audit:
Working so hard
for something I may not want.
The feeling of who I'd be
if I am able to take care of my loved one
would I be neutered-
is a feeling not new to me.
But the story doesn't end here
I'm provoked and I'm prodded
by words I'm only now hearing:
I need to work.
And if I need to I can
and I will
Life is so much greater than I give it.
So now it's time to scale that scary wall
my talents are hand and footholds
and my balance even slowly acheived
will redeem it's time
and I won't be standing here tomorrow
when I've turned to face this wall
I'll live it
and know
my Redeemer lives.


Photo by: pepo

By
Nicole C. Mullin

No comments:

Post a Comment